Fair Oaks, CA, 95628
Joined on October, 2014
Any day at any time
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUniversity of California, Davis, B.S. in Biological Sciences, GPA: 3.6
ExperiencePrevious tutoring experiences
• Two semesters of tutoring experience on the subject of organic chemistry at the American River College
• Five years of successful independent Tutoring experience on the subjects of biology, general and organic chemistry, and physics
Graduate school proficiency exams
• MCAT: Cumulative score of 31 (Verbal Reasoning: 10, Physical Sciences: 11, Biological Sciences: 10)
Why I want to be Tutor
• Growing up, and during my undergraduate studies I was not offered many educational assistance. After successful completion of my science courses during college, my background motivated me to start providing tutoring services to the underprivileged students in need of support. The satisfaction of helping and making a positive impact in the lives of those students became a source of inspiration for me and provided me with an incentive to continue with this activity. Furthermore, tutoring presents me with new chances to review and grasp better understanding of the study materials of the courses I have completed in the past. This is the reason I love tutoring.
• Chemistry: General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry I, Organic Chemistry II
• Biology: Principles of Biology, Principles of Botany, Principles of Zoology, Gene & Gene Expression, Structure and Function of Biomolecules, Systemic Physiology, Neurobiology, Cell Function Regulation
• Physics: General Physics for Social Sciences I, General Physics for Social Sciences II
HobbiesI enjoy reading about the new finding in the different fields of sciences. I also spend a great majority of my free time participating in the indoor and outdoor sports activities such as weight lifting, playing soccer, hiking, kayaking, and snowboarding.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.